Monday, March 14, 2011

Colour and movement




It seems I've been posting a bit lately about how I love Canberra - I guess part of it is that there is so much great stuff on here at this time of year. The Balloon Festival (again, one of my favourite Canberra things) to me shows how great Canberra is at putting on the big civic event.

It's free, it's easy to get to, you can get breakfast, come in your pajamas, bring your dog, park for nothing.... like so many other Canberra events.


Roll out of bed before dawn, help the kids scramble into their clothes, make some coffee and hot chocolate and throw some muffins in a basket (or simply check the wallet for wads of cash - not my preferred option).


Then ten minutes in the car, pausing only for the motorcade of presumably the Polish or Indonesian ambassador (couldn't remember which way the red and white went), there you are at the balloon festival, to see the sun and balloons rise together.

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment