Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spending time with friends



We had a lovely weekend. Saturday was pure perfect Autumn Canberra. A cold and foggy start for the Farmers' Market (hello Formichi smallgoods), which then cleared to a warm and sunny day for netball (2 teams completely flogged, but never mind, Rosemary scored a goal!). Then an afternoon tea picnic down by the Carillon on Lake Burley Griffin with friends, where we drank champagne, ate cheese and cake and reminisced about bad music from youth fellowship days. There were swans and willow wreaths and trees to climb and it was a lovely afternoon.



The evening saw us with more friends, more champagne, fabulous tom yum soup and watching Amelie on DVD, which strengthened my longing for Paris...

Sunday saw one of those changes in weather that Canberra does so well. From sunny and 20 degrees on Saturday, Sunday was wet, cold and windy. But there was still room for more champagne at a pre-Easter brunch to wash down the kedgeree, sausages, bacon, mushrooms etc. I worked off a bit of it at Steph and Rosemary's little dance recital (there was an audience participation number), and then at my singing rehearsal that afternoon, where I was offered more champagne, but declined as I am occasionally a sensible woman.


It was a great weekend and I feel very lucky to have such good friends around me that I can share these things with. Weekends are often about laundry, housework, cooking and driving the kids places, so it was very nice to have one that offered a bit more than that.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of Rosemary's lovely head-dress. Wish I had taken photos of brunch!

    ReplyDelete