Monday, February 28, 2011

Community

I like living in Canberra, in a community that I feel a part of. Here's why...

I dropped the kids to school this morning and went to work. About 9.30am got a call from the primary school to say that Suzi the dog was down there. This is not the first time this has happened. As Suzi gets older, she gets more spooked by thunder and there was a little rumble this morning not long after we left. She goes to school (I assume) because it is close, she knows the way and she knows there are friends there. Normally one of the kids or teachers identifies her and lets me know. The last time it happened near the end of the day and a friend brought her home. However today, it was one of the staff who doesn't know here who found her and brought her to the front office. Who was it who identified her this time? The Australia Post parcel guy, who delivers parcels to my door and happened to be delivering a package to the school. 'Sure I know her, that's the Irvine's dog'.

That's why I like living in Canberra.

No comments:

Post a Comment