Sunday, March 7, 2010

Update

Today I did my first SCUBA dive. It was in a swimming pool, not in the ocean, but that's where you go when you are a beginner. It's nice to be able to breathe under water, pity there has to be so much gear.

The instructor is a forthright British lady in her early fifties. She really raced through it, possibly wanting to make the most of having a student who could swim. And, special bonus, had used a mask flippers before.

Apparently Africans, Philipinos, and Timorese all sink. High bone density is to blame.

Took the film camera out today and went for a drive up to the hills. Unfortunately the road I chose was blocked by a huge land slip, so had to turn around.

Anyway, here are some snaps from earlier in the week on my iPhone.


TAFE students on an excursion?




More students on an excursion.



I was on the side of the road waiting for a good shot of a motorbike - one with the whole family on it, and this guy rolled up and wanted me to take his photo. Well, I aim to please...




Comoro Road.




More Comoro Road. What you can't see is the heat, steam, and dust.



Family of four on motorbike. Shall we try this when I get home?




Early morning walk. Again, you can't see the steam.



One of our office buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment