Monday, March 29, 2010

Bits and pieces





This blogging takes time... which is often in short supply around here. Sorry for the delay in broadcast.

So, what's been happening?

Teeth, or lack thereof. Claire lost a molar.


Visits to Grandpafather, we took him out in the fresh air.


Visits from friends - Gillian came down from Brisbane for Donna's farewell. Claire and Rosemary here dressed up for Harmony day at school.
Donna's farewell was a lovely evening at Cafe at the House, outside in the courtyard. She was thrilled. All a bit sad really.

What else...?

Pat Longworth and her brother Phil dropped in for dinner.


Netball on Saturday morning - excellent work from the Shooting Stars. Claire was a Wildcat for the first half, then a Thunderbolt. Netball now takes a break until May.




A pic from last week, when Grandpa came to stay and took us out for yum cha.


Saturday afternoon this weekend was spent in the company of Ravelry women, who I lured to my house with the promise of cake if they would help me wind some yarn and finish off a scarf. Claire got a lesson in using a swift and a ballwinder, and we blocked the lace scarf which is destined to be Donna's farewell gift from me. I'm impressed with my ability and now need to make another one.





We just had dinner out at My's Vietnamese with Chelsey and her family to say thanks for all the help this term. Claire and Nicola ate the most enormous banana fritters I have ever seen. Now there is a lemon meringue cake in the oven for Donna's staff farewell tomorrow, and I'd better do some ironing. It is lovely to come home on Mondays to find a clean house, I like the idea of having dinner out on a Monday to keep it clean for longer!

A run of short weeks now, with Easter, then holidays, then ANZAC day. I'd better start getting a few things organised, like holiday care and next term's swimming lessons, and passports.... maybe I'll just go to bed instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment