Monday, September 12, 2011

Just a taste

There will be more to come with pictures, I promise, but here is a taste so far of the overseas travels. (technology is not quite my friend, so there might not be pictures until I get back. Use your imagination.)

London for the first time in twenty five years. There are still squirrels in Hyde Park, Westminster abbey is amazing and i know i need to go back to london soon.

First morning in Paris, i walked into Notre Dame and despite the crowds, was moved to tears. For so long I have thought about visiting Paris and now I am here. My year seven art history text book had a picture of Notre Dame with its flying butresses and the rose window. To have Notre Dame as my first real Paris experience was magical. I stood in front of one of those magnificent windows and gave thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment